Welcome to the AGILE Data Center
Home Page at ASDC
These pages provide updated information and services in support to the general scientific community for the mission AGILE, which is a small Scientific Mission of the Italian Space Agency (ASI) with participation of INFN, IASF/INAF and CIFS .
AGILE is devoted to gamma-ray astrophysics and it is a first and unique combination of a gamma-ray (AGILE-GRID) and a hard X-ray (SuperAGILE) instrument, for the simultaneous detection and imaging of photons in the 30 MeV - 50 GeV and in the 18 - 60 keV energy ranges.
The AGILE Mission Board (AMB) has executive power overseeing all the scientific matters of the AGILE Mission and is composed of:
- AGILE Principal Investigator: Marco Tavani, INAF/IASF Rome (Chair)
- ASI Project Scientist: Paolo Giommi, ASDC
- ASI Mission Director: Giovanni Valentini, ASI
- Former ASI Mission Director: Luca Salotti, ASI (up to September 20, 2010)
- AGILE Co-Principal Investigator: Guido Barbiellini, INFN Trieste
- 1 ASI representative: Elisabetta Tommasi di Vignano
- Former ASI representative: Sergio Colafrancesco (up to June, 2010)
As specified in the Announcement of Opportunity Cycle-4, it is not possible to propose for ToO observations in response to AGILE Announcement of Opportunity.
AGILE current spinning sky view
(Click here for previous pointing details)
Click here to access to AGILE Spinning FOV plotter
AGILE total intensity map up to Dec 25, 2012.