Welcome to the AGILE Data Center
Home Page at ASDC
These pages provide updated information and services in support to the general scientific community for the mission AGILE, which is a small Scientific Mission of the Italian Space Agency (ASI) with participation of INFN, IASF/INAF and CIFS .
AGILE is devoted to gamma-ray astrophysics and it is a first and unique combination of a gamma-ray (AGILE-GRID) and a hard X-ray (SuperAGILE) instrument, for the simultaneous detection and imaging of photons in the 30 MeV - 50 GeV and in the 18 - 60 keV energy ranges.
The AGILE Mission Board (AMB) has executive power overseeing all the scientific matters of the AGILE Mission and is composed of:
- AGILE Principal Investigator: Marco Tavani, INAF/IASF Rome (Chair)
- ASI Project Scientist: Paolo Giommi, ASDC
- ASI Mission Director: Giovanni Valentini, ASI
- Former ASI Mission Director: Luca Salotti, ASI (up to September 20, 2010)
- AGILE Co-Principal Investigator: Guido Barbiellini, INFN Trieste
- 1 ASI representative: Elisabetta Tommasi di Vignano
- Former ASI representative: Sergio Colafrancesco (up to June, 2010)
As specified in the Announcement of Opportunity Cycle-4, it is not possible to propose for ToO observations in response to AGILE Announcement of Opportunity.
Top Results Archive >>
The First AGILE-GRID Catalog of High Confidence Gamma-Ray Sources
AGILE current spinning sky view
(Click here for previous pointing details)
Click here to access to AGILE Spinning FOV plotter